What you had for your dinner? Why am I asking this? It matters a lot to induce a proper sleep cycle and for that you need to have right foods. Every individual needs proper amount of sleep to function better, but it doesn’t happen to all. In fact nothing is more frustrating than developing insomnia. It makes you do tossing and turning in bed the whole night. A great contribution in providing a proper or disturbed sleep is done by food also. There are some foods that help you to get good sleep and others to hamper it.
So just have a look upon some things that you should have and avoid at dinner:
- Cherries - These contain melatonin that is the chemicals helpful to control body’s natural sleep clock. Drinking cherry juice has been found useful for people suffering from insomnia.
- Milk – It is not a misconception and milk is actually good for inducing sleep. It contains tryptophan that’s the precursor to serotonin, and thus is helpful in inducing sleep.
- Rice – Consuming jasmine rice can cut down the time of sleep required for falling asleep. The results were favoring the rice even when compared with other food items.
- Fortified Cereal – Carbohydrates are good to have before sleeping. But instead of grabbing some packs of cookies, have a bowl of shredded wheat with milk to promote sleep cycles.
- Bananas – They help to promote sleep due to the potassium and magnesium content in them. Bananas are overall health promoters.
- Turkey - Like milk, it has also got tryptophan, which can make you doze off even in front of a television.
- Cheese Burger - The fat content in this food stuff is a guaranteed sleep killer. Fats promote the production of acids in the stomach, making a person prone to acid reflux and result in disturbed sleep.
- Wine – Any kind of alcohol is terrible thing for sleep. It metabolizes the body quickly and makes a person wake up multiple times during sleeping.
- Coffee – It contains caffeine that stimulates central nervous system. So it can keep a person awake for whole night.
- Chocolates – It contains calories as well as caffeine, and both of these are not good for sleeping. It is a major cause of sleeplessness.
- Spicy Food – Spicy food can keep a person awake till late nights. So always avoid this before bedtime.
You should know that dinner should be had 3-4 hours before bedtime. Keep the list in mind and sleep well.