Nothing can pamper our taste buds rather than a bowl of hot soup in a winter evening. It not only has a soothing warm effect but also fight hunger pangs. The word soup has its origin in Sanskrit. Today, we won’t discuss about the various ways in which you can whip a bowl, but yes some interesting and healthy facts about this yummy and non-resisting evening snack. While it is a much have food for various cultures, these facts will also prompt you to relish this dish more.
Here are some amusing facts about Soup that you did not know about…
- The word soup is derived from Sanskrit, from ‘su’ and ‘po’ which means good and healthy nutrition.
- Those who are on a diet, soup acts as great filler, if you don’t want to overload yourself with gallons of food, then have one bowl before your evening meal. It is a low cal snack which ensures you maintain a lower calorie intake.
- If you think that the soups contain too much fat, then simply bring one lettuce leaf and draw it across surface. Now you can skim the fat off that has got stuck to the leaf.
- Your kids might cringe on the thought of the vegetables and you always remain tensed about their low nutrition intake? But the perfect solution would be soups. You can add variety of vegetable and make it fun for kids. They are nutritious and vital for your kid’s growth as well.
- We actually ‘eat’ andnot ‘drink’ soup. How? In many culture soups are consumed as a must have part of the meal. And we have soup with a spoon rather than sipping it from a bowl, hence we ‘eat’ it.
- Creamy soups are very delicious but those are on strict diet avoids them. But you can still enjoy soups as without creams and other high calorie toppings, so soups are for everyone, I would say!
- Do you get late for dinner habitually? Then simply enjoy a bowl of soup. The water rich dish will get you some relief and make you feel fuller. In fact it is the best option instead of gorging over unhealthy snacks. So no more food cravings and unhealthy eating!
- You can add variety of things in a soup to make it delicious, nutritious and the best energy drink.
So how much you knew out of this? I bet not much! Start having your daily dose from now!