When the rate of burning calories increases the average range, the phenomenon is known as high metabolism. When a person is having a high metabolism, more food can be consumed without getting overweight.
Ways to boost metabolism:
Different ways to boost the metabolic rates include various methods like:
- Building muscle tissue: The muscle tissue needs a large number of calories for its sustenance. Thus large number of calories burn even if you are resting. So larger the muscle cells more is the metabolic rate and vice versa.
- Sleep enough: Sleep is very necessary for the proper functioning of the body. The people who are deprived of a proper amount of sleep usually get problems in their internal body functioning. For managing the proper metabolic rate a sleep of at least 7 hours is essential.
- Often Eating: Metabolism is fluctuating activity so it keeps on changing the whole day. The more a person is hungry the less is the metabolic rate. So it becomes very important to consume small meals frequently. Instead of 3 large meals try to eat 4 to 5 smaller meals and snacks.
- Food that increases metabolism: Some food items can naturally boost the metabolism. Usually it is hard for the body to digest these food items. But these require a lot of calories to get processed and thus make the metabolism to run faster.
- Physical activity: Indulging more into physical activity surely increases the metabolic rate. The body stretching, exercising and walking will be surely beneficial.
- Drink chilled water: The ice cold water can hoard the metabolism. When we drink chilled water body burns calories in order to balance the body temperature. Also it is a fact that most of the body reactions take place in water so that it is always beneficial to drink adequate amount of water.
- Enough chromium in the diet: Our diet should contain proper amount of chromium needed as it helps to burn calories. It is found in tomatoes.
Factors affecting metabolic rate and can’t be changed:
- Age: It is seen usually that after an age of 40, the metabolic rate in the body is reduced as it reduces by 5% every decade.
- Gender: As men have more muscle mass, they can burn more calories than women.
- Thyroid disorder: Hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism meaning underactive and overactive thyroid glands respectively. This abnormality can slow down the metabolism but it is found very less.
- Excess weight: The people who are obese, often have low metabolism because fat cells do not burn that fast.