Imagine you are chopping some veggies in your kitchen and are excited about your new recipe learnt, but watch it, ouch!!! The next moment you see your finger also get chopped in the preparation. So what’s preferable first aid, cold water or a bandage??
The first action to treat a wound is very important. Whether it is for treating your sunburns or stopping your bleeding nose, you must apply proper first aid.
Treating everyday health issues-
Take a look upon some common ailments and the first aids.
- Treatment to Bug Bites- Even if you take a walk in the woods, you will get some rashes while appreciating nature. The oils causing these rashes may also be poisonous. The foremost step should be rinsing the portion with water and then applying some over the counter antihistamine lotion.
- Treatment to Cuts- The most important thing is to keep it clean. Wash the cut with an antiseptic soap and water. Don’t pour any antiseptic directly, before that you need to cover it to minimize the bleeding. Don’t leave your wound open, otherwise you may get bacteria and dust build-up on the wound that worsens it. In severe conditions, see your doctor.
- Prevention to Swimmer’s Ear- Water gets trapped in your ear canal while swimming that creates a breeding environment for bacteria. Remove the water from your ear and then drop one drop of alcohol-vinegar mixture in your ear. This will prevent the bacterial growth inside.
- Treatment to Hiccups- Talking while eating, usually people do this quite often and end up in hiccups. You should take a long deep breath and hold it for 10 seconds. Repeat this process and then breathe in a normal way. This will work by calming your airway diaphragm.
- Soothe a Minor Burn- The absentmindedness usually makes us to reach a hot handle of a pan with bare hand, but what after that? Immediately put your hand under cold water. Skip the use of ice and use some anti-burn lotion. In severe case, see your doctor immediately.
- Avoidance to Head Strokes- A severely high temperature of our head may cause damage to the brain and your whole body. Drink, drink and drink lots of water especially on hot days and avoid the use caffeinated drinks and alcohol.
A proper treatment is essential otherwise you may end up with worsened situations and wounds.