Loss of density in your bones may lead to breakage in the later part of your life. Nearly half of the women after fifties suffer from Osteoporosis and other locomotive disorders in the body. It is more prevalent among women than in men. Being a critical form of bone disease, it is better to prevent then to remediate it after sustaining damages. To avoid pain and prevent damage, one must take care of her health supported by a balanced diet consisting of calcium, vitamins and other nutrition.
Normally, with the advancement of age, the lack of phosphate and calcium retards the growth of your bones and makes you fragile and weak. Women suffer from these deficiencies after menopause with the sudden drop of estrogen level in their bodies. The highest risk associated with osteoporosis is fracture and chronic pain in the bones.
Treatments and medication are available to counter the problem of osteoporosis. Yet, this devastating disease can be prevented with some care and changes in the life style. How? Read on and discover the fitness tips to fight osteoporosis-
- Take milk regularly as a part of your diet. Dairy products are good source of calcium, which aids the body to build strong bones and maintain the goodness of your body. Skimmed milk, low fat yogurt, low fat cheeses are some good sources of calcium.
- Eat fish to increase the calcium content in your body and protect your bones from becoming weak and feeble. Salmons, sardines are good sources of calcium, while, mackerel and oily fish are high in vitamin D.
- In addition to these, soy foods are rich sources of calcium and plant estrogens that prevent the body against damage and keep your bones strong and immune.
- Apart from a healthy diet you must also maintain a regular session of workout. Workout enhances the flexibility of your joints adding strength to your bones and tendons. Weight lifting exercises increase the bone density and improve the overall posture of your body.
- Reduce the intake of caffeine and quit smoking. Smoking has resulted into severe health hazards in the body. In worst cases it has resulted into cancer of the Bone. Apart from these eat healthy and cut down the intake of coffee and alcohol. Keep yourself fit by staying away from caffeine.
Above all be happy. Live a stress free life. Sleep well every day, maintain a regular routine. In case of any complication consult the doctor for advice and follow the directions with care. After it’s your life, don’t let diseases aggravate your well being.