That yummy tempting chocolate sauce over favorite brownies, seems like triggering taste buds, right, but have you ever realized that these things make you addicted to them. Floating in the deep dips of oil and fats, some snacks are finger licking but gradually get a person addicted so badly, that one can’t resist their presence and start hogging on them.
The primary cause of obesity, hypertension and other issues is one and only culprit and that’s food addiction. Explore some among the varieties.
- Chocolate- Considered to be one of the most addictive foods, people are crazily fond of these. The alkaloids contained in chocolates can be seen pretty much similar to the alcohol and this is the main reason for the addictiveness. Along with these caffeine and sugar can also be credited for some effect. People sometimes use this food item to combat the alcohol addiction.
- Ice Cream- There’s no reason to say no to these delicious treats. Researchers say that ice cream and cocaine addiction can be well coordinated as both of these acts at the similar levels. The high intakes of ice creams make our brain respond to food cravings differently making a person highly addictive.
- Cheese- Why people generally keep on asking for more added cheese or demand extra cheese toppings??? This is due to the amounts of caseine and morphine which makes it unhealthy edible.
- Caffeinated Drinks- Caffeinated drinks not only refer to coffee, these also include tea, soda and any drink with caffeine content. People are so addicted to these that they can’t even spend a single day without having a sip.
- Salty Snacks- Almost every salty snack is included in the list of addictive foods. The best example is a full bag of potato chips. People are so fond of these that they sometimes skip their meals to have these in bulk. This is because the salty snacking gives a pleasure to the brain.
- Fast Foods- Everyone knows the addictiveness of these foods. The youth is all occupied by this bad food habit.
- Sugar- The addiction of this item starts at an early age. Children usually demand for some sweets and cakes and adults can’t cope up without a fixed cup of coffee with 2 -3 teaspoons of sugar.
It’s not only smoking and alcohol; addiction of everything can be immensely bad.