Food cravings always irritate us. The more we try to get rid of them, the more they attack us. But why do we feel like resisting these cravings at once? Food cravings actually lead to several problems like excessive weight gain, bloating, overeating, gas etc. Therefore all of us should get relief from these uninvited food and sugar cravings.
Here are some creative and cheerful activities that will help in reducing food cravings or the excessive food intake:
- Cooking – Cooking is one of the most captivating activity that reduces your cravings considerably. Firstly, it slows down the cravings when the process is taking place. The time consumed in cooking slowly lowers down the craving rate and thus you eat lesser in comparison to what you would have eaten otherwise. It is also helpful because when you cook, then you can modify the recipe as per your wishes and thus can make it healthier for you and your family consumption.
- Dancing – Sounds weird? Well, it is not. Dancing releases excess of your energies and satisfies your emotions. Food craving is also a sort of emotion that forces you to eat more. So, dance when you feel like consuming more food. It not only satisfies your cravings but will also help in burning a number of calories easily.
- Sharing – Sharing food with others is also helpful in reducing and controlling the quantity of food eaten. This becomes effective because when you share your eatables with others then you also get involved in talks with them. This takes away much of your concentration from food and also strengthens your interpersonal relationships.
- Play Hide and Seek – Don’t worry! I am not asking you to hide and tell your hubby to find you out. Though it would be fun, yet I am talking about hiding the eatables that you crave most often. Tell others to hide the food so that you have to move your body to find them. This ways you’ll have some exercise as well as your cravings will cut to the half soon before you actually start eating.
- Make it your Reward – There is another way with which you can do it. Whenever you have food cravings, affix some task to be accomplished before consuming anything. This way not only your task would be done but you will also feel encouraged and relish your eating more as a reward.
Follow these points and enjoy your foods along with reducing them.